What's your name?

Are you 35 years old or older?

If you are under 35 and healthy, it’s OK to try to conceive for up to a year before seeing a doctor. Have fun trying!

If you are over 35 and have been trying to conceive for 6 months or more, it’s time to make an appointment with a Reproductive Endocrinologist.

Have you had unprotected intercourse for 6 or more months without conceiving?

There are many factors that may be effecting your fertility, ASRM guidelines indicate that if you are a woman under 35 and have been unsuccessfully trying to conceive for 1 year, it's time to seek help from a Reproductive Endocrinologist. And if you are a woman over 35 and have been trying unsuccessfully for 6 months, you should seek help from a Reproductive Endocrinologist.

Then keep trying!

Are you or have you ever been a smoker?

Smoking can significantly reduce one’s fertility and it’s worth every effort to work toward quitting. Seeing a Reproductive Endocrinologist may be your next best step.

Wow, it’s a GREAT thing that you are not a smoker, because smoking is NOT egg-friendly!

Or exposed to second hand smoke on a regular basis?


Even if you have never smoked a cigarette yourself, continued exposure to secondhand smoke can seriously impact both male and female fertility.

Are you more than 10% overweight?

Keep up the good work! A normal weight and a healthy diet are improving your fertility.

Did you know that excess weight could increase the risk for infertility, miscarriages, diabetes and heart disease? Please speak with your doctor about healthy weight loss strategies.

Do you have irregular periods or no periods?

Regular periods every 25-35 days usually indicate regular ovulation.

Irregular periods or no periods may mean that you are not ovulating. We recommend seeing a Reproductive Endocrinologist for a thorough evaluation and treatment plan.

Do you have a personal or family history of miscarriage, premature menopause, fibroids or endometriosis?

You are one of the lucky ones!

All of these conditions tend to run in families, so it is a good idea to have a check-up with a Reproductive Endocrinologist or someone who specializes in infertility.

Have you ever had a serious medical illness such as cancer?


Cancer and other serious medical illnesses can have a significant negative impact on both male and female fertility. Please speak with a Reproductive Endocrinologist about your risks and options.

Do you currently have cancer, and want further information on egg freezing?

ASCO (the American Society of Clinical Oncologists) recommends that all women of reproductive age with a cancer diagnosis be counseled on fertility preservation (freezing your eggs).  Egg freezing is safe, and if done at IRMS with our “10 Days to Egg Freezing” program does not have to delay cancer treatment. With today’s statistics on survival rates from cancer most cancer patients want to know they have protected their ability to have a family in the future.  To obtain full counseling about all the details of egg freezing prior to cancer treatment it is important that you speak with a reproductive endocrinologist who is familiar with this process.  At IRMS we have extensive experience in this area.  If you are not in the NJ/NY metro area, you can obtain referrals from resolve.org and the oncofertility consortium.  If you are not certain whether or not you want to freeze, it is important to obtain thorough and accurate information from an expert so you can feel comfortable and make an informed decision.

Are you interested in freezing your eggs because you are not ready to have a baby right now?

If Yes, we bet you have a lot of questions and we can help you with the answers to: 
How many eggs should you freeze?
How long do they keep?
Will this process use up a lot of my eggs and cause me to go through menopause earlier?
How much will this process cost?
What is exactly involved?
Is egg freezing painful?

Come and see us – IRMS is one of the leaders in elective egg freezing.  Give yourself the gift of time by knowing all your options.

Have you ever had pelvic or abdominal surgery?


Having had abdominal surgery can leave scarring in the pelvis or fallopian tubes, or in males, in the tubes that carry the sperm. Please consider seeing a Reproductive Endocrinologist to determine impact on fertility.

Have you ever had a pelvic infection or STD (sexually transmitted disease – e.g. Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, etc).


STD’s can cause scarring of the fallopian tubes or tubes that carry the sperm and can cause infertility. Luckily, this type of issue can often be successfully treated upon seeing a good Reproductive Endocrinologist.

If you have a female partner, do you want information about options for family building?

Single-sex couples have many options for family building including donor insemination and in vitro fertilization. A good Reproductive Endocrinologist can help you prepare for a healthy pregnancy and help you sort out the options that are best for you and your partner.

If you have a male partner, has he ever had pelvic or testicular surgery, cancer of any kind, serious medical illness, erectile or ejaculatory dysfunction?

The treatment of male factor infertility has very high success rates. Please speak to a Reproductive Endocrinologist to find out your options.

Wonderful News!

If you want to have a baby but have no partner, do you want to know more about your options?

Single women have many reasonable options today, including freezing your eggs for future use, or using donor sperm to conceive now.  A Reproductive Endocrinologist can help you make an informed decision.